The O-YAA (pronounced Oh-Yeah!!) is created in an effort to recognize and reward those students who have managed to achieve outstanding academic performance while maintaining serious dedication to the sport. One award will be given to each of the following four groups:
- Lower Elementary Award (1st / 2nd / 3rd Graders)
- Upper Elementary Award (4th / 5th / 6th Graders)
- Junior High Award (7th / 8th / 9th Graders)
- Senior High Award (Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors)
Award Criteria for each group:
- Must have competed in 60% of the OCCRA events (complete 7 2017 races).
- Report cards from the last three report card periods as of November 1, 2017.
- Where there is a tie based on grades, OCCRA points earned will be added to the total to break the tie.
Letter grades will be converted to numerical values for comparison purposes:
- A+ = 100, A = 95, A- = 90
- B+ = 89, B = 85, B- = 80
- C+ = 79, C = 75, C- = 70
Awards: Each of the four winners will be awarded an OCCRA Youth Academic Award (O-YAA) trophy in an on-stage presentation at the annual banquet.