The OCCRA race at this location will include the Blue and Green trails and will start in the field that sits alongside the Blue trail (see directions below). Unlike last year, this year's race will be the standard multiple lap format. If you've ridden at Draper, then you mostly know what to expect...once you break out of the tight blue section then turn that throttle for daylight on the fast half of the track.
Round 2 is graciously sponsored by Ajax Kawasaki of south Oklahoma City.
Round 2 was quite the treat. Excellent weather and excellent turnout contributed to a race to remember. The moisture level in the soil was near perfect and contributed to fantastic conditions on the Blue Trail. As usual, Draper's braking bumps and whoops can take a toll on a rider...the savvy racer avoided those obstacles and dashed for the finish. We were very excited and grateful for the sponsorship of Ajax Kawasaki for this race. Be sure to thank them next time you visit for some parts or accessories!
General Crosstimbers rules are located HERE.
- No campfires.
- Helmets must be worn at all times when operating an ORV.
- Trails are closed beginning Friday. No trail riding at Crosstimbers from Friday until Sunday except during scheduled practice and race times.
About the Location:
Referred to in results as Lake Draper (South).
Lake Stanley Draper is located just southeast of Oklahoma City. The off-road vehicle area is on the north side of the lake just off I-240, the unloading area is just a mile from the marina on the northwest side. Over 85 miles of trails snake through the woods and around the lake. Terrain is that lovely Oklahoma red dirt with a bit of sand. Elevation changes are moderate, although several interesting creek crossings were found in a short time. Just a mile up the road from the unloading area is a concession, marina and information center.
Event Weekend Parking
**Normal parking area for daily riding is on Lake Stanley Draper Drive.
- From I-240 in eastern Oklahoma City, take exit 8 to Sooner Road.
- Turn south on Sooner Road (Highway 77H) and go 3 miles.
- Turn left (east) on SE 104th St and go 2.5 miles.
- Turn right onto E. Stanley Draper Drive.
- Go approximately 1.5 miles to SE 119th Street and turn right (gravel road).
- Go .5 miles to entrance on left.
- **Note that this is event only parking.