OCCRA returns to the diverse terrain of Terbush Ranch in Woodward. For the history nerds, Terbush Ranch is the longest continually visited location on the circuit with our 2017 season being the 17th visit! Get your machine ready for sand, hills, super fast straightaways and some tight single track for the bikes.
From Ron Rader on this year’s event:
Just got back from Woodward and the track is shaping up great. They had some good rains the past few days and the ground is going to be amazing. We have been trimming trees and getting the track layout finalized. The quad track should be about 6 1/2 miles and has a couple changes from last year. The bike track should be 8 miles or so and also has a few new changes. If you have not been to this track before, you can expect a mix of soils ranging from sand, red dirt, brown dirt and we even spotted a few rocks but you have to look pretty hard to find them. There are some elevation changes, some tight sections, some wider sections, and some wide open sections. The corral on the lower flat will have multiple lines for the riders to choose from so that should be fun.
I would like to thank Vic Terbush, Randy and Zane Rader, and the Shaw brothers for all their work building the track. Russell, Mary and Dakota have been laying out the mini track and I think it looks like a lot of fun. The concessions will once again be run by the Friends of the Special Olympics and the food is always great. Come on out, this should be a good one!
Terbush Ranch has a few rules that you’ll need to keep in mind:
- Helmets are always required if you’re on a motorcycle or ATV and
- ORVs are not allowed on the paved driveway.
Round 3 is sponsored by Mike’s Dirt Bike suspension out of Mustang, OK. Mike is an OCCRA racer himself and understands the local terrain and characteristics of our races. His shop works on motorcycle and ATV suspensions of most (if not all) brands. Check out his site at http://www.mikes-dirt-bike.com or give him a call at 405-441-4730!
- Take I-40 W towards Amarillo.
- Take the US-281 Spur N exit (Exit 108).
- Turn Right onto US-281.
- US- 281 Spur N becomes US-281N/OK-8N, follow it 21 miles.
- Turn left onto US-270 W/US-281 N/OK-3 W/OK-33 W and continue to follow US-270 northwest for 64.5 miles. (US-270 Turns into US-270/US-183 after Seiling).
- Turn on to country road (N2080 Rd) and head north for 1.8 miles.
- Turn right on country road (E0430 Rd) and follow to the dead end (approx 3.1 miles)
- Take US-412 W to Mooreland (approx 190 miles).
- From the corner of OK50 and US-412, continue west for 5.3 miles.
- Turn south on country road (N2080 Rd) and travel approx. 130-150 yards.
- Turn left (east) on country road (E0400 Rd) and follow road till it turns south into country road (N2090 Rd) and travel 2.75 miles to country road (E0430 Rd).
- Turn left (east) and follow road approx 2.32 miles until dead end.
- Take US-270/US-183 to OK-34 Junction (Approx 4 miles).
- Take country road (E0430 Rd) east 6 miles to dead end.
|Registration||7 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Short Course Quad Practice||7 a.m. – 10 a.m.|
|Long Course Quad Practice||7 a.m. – 10 a.m.|
|Quad Riders Meeting||10:15 a.m.|
|Quad Short Course Race #1 (kids) (see classes)||Short (30 min)||10:30 a.m.|
|Quad Short Course Race #2 (see classes)||Short (30 min)||11:15 a.m.|
|Quad Division Race (see classes)||Long (105 min)||12 p.m.|
|Saturday Short Course Bike Race (see classes)||Short (30 min)||2:15 p.m.|
|Mini 50/65 Bike Only Practice||3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.|
|Open Short Course Bike Practice||4:45 p.m.|
|Long Course Bike Practice||4:45 p.m.|
Actual bike practice times will be determined by the officers taking into account daylight, safety, track conditions, etc.
Saturday Worker Schedule: 10:00 a.m. until released by Worker Director.
|All Bike Practice||7 – 7:50 a.m.|
|Riders Meeting/Church||8 a.m.|
|Mini 50 Race (see classes)||Short (30 min)||8:45 a.m.|
|Mini 85 Race and Womens Short Course Race (see classes)||Short (30 min)||9:30 a.m.|
|Mini 65 Race (see classes)||Short (30 min)||10:15 a.m.|
|A Division Bike Race* (see classes)||Long (105 min)||11 a.m.|
|B Division Bike Race* (see classes)||Long (105 min)||1:15 p.m.|
Sunday Worker Schedule: 8:45 a.m. until released by Worker Director.
Big bike race order changes for each race. Remember that a $5.00 late registration fee is incurred for any A or B rider that is not registered by the start of Race #1 (11:00 a.m.).
Membership (once per year): $30/single or $50 family
Gate Fee: $10/carload
Long Course AA Bike or Quad: $60 (Guaranteed 100% payback 1st-3rd)
Long Course Bike or Quad: $40
Short Course: $20