We’re looking for some awesome individuals to take on officer roles for the 2021 race season. As you all know, OCCRA is a member-led club where a handful of folks step forward each year to donate their time so that we can all enjoy riding, racing and camping. Unlike many jobs, what we are looking for in officers is simply motivation and desire. Officers bring their own touch to each position and that’s why we get a unique experience this year. Is this your year?? Check out the descriptions of the positions below. Other than the position of President, experience is not necessary. We’re looking for desire and willingness to learn, help and strive to make OCCRA a great place for all members.
- President – The President shall provide general leadership and be the primary spokesperson for the club. He shall have fiduciary powers to act on behalf of the association. He shall conduct regular officer’s meetings as well as race-day rider’s meetings.
- Vice-President – The Vice-President shall serve as the acting President and assume the duties of the President in his absence at any club function or officer meeting. The Vice-President shall serve as the Club Recorder for any race season business. He shall take and keep the minutes of any Officer’s meetings, and submit them to the Board Secretary. He shall serve as the Editor-in-Chief of the club newsletter and prepare said publication in a timely fashion. In the absence of the Board Treasurer, he shall collect all monies and fees and keep an accurate account thereof.
- Race Director – The Race Director shall be responsible for conducting the race. He shall serve as the chief Referee, resolving all protests, and assigning penalties for various rules violations. He shall be responsible for designating work assignments for supervising track workers the day of the race. Upon completion of the course by the Track Director, he shall conduct a final inspection and review of the track to ensure proper markings and layout, and to identify worker positions and assignments.
- Scoring & Membership Director – The Scoring & Membership Director shall direct the scoring of the races. He shall post scores and lap times for view by racers. He shall record an official account of the points and placings of each race prior to the next race. He shall hold an accounting of total points for year-end awards. He shall enroll all members and maintain the official record of club membership. He shall coordinate collection of race entry fees and race sign-ups. He shall assign race numbers to riders and assign riders to the various classes. He shall direct the Scorekeeper as his assistant to effect the scoring of the race.
- Track Director – The Track Director shall be responsible for track layout and design. He shall cause a crew of club members to cut trail, lay out course, and mark track under his direction and to his specifications. The track shall be designed with safety in mind, and to be negotiable by all levels of rider. He shall work closely with the Race Director to effect these ends.
- Equipment Manager – The Equipment Manager shall be responsible for transporting club equipment to the race site, and for transporting it back to storage after the race. He shall be responsible for the set-up and take-down of the score chute area, sign-in area, and line-up area. He shall serve as the caretaker of all club equipment and shall conduct proper maintenance and upkeep on equipment between races and during the off-season.
- Mini Director – The Mini Director shall establish and effect a program of racing for children and youngsters. He shall design and lay out the Mini course, and oversee the running and scoring of the event.
- Mini Track Director – The Mini Track Director coordinates with the Mini Director and lays out and coordinates the building of the track for the mini program. This position should be interested in designing a creative and challenging track for our young riders.
- Work Director – Manages and determines work assignments for members that have signed up to work a race. Checks workers in and out. Reports work completion to Scoring Director for points credit. Ensures that trouble spots are manned.
- Marketing Director – Manages communication through website blogs (news), social media, race flyers and newsletters (coordinating with VP). Coordinates purchase and distribution of race plaques. Uses media (photography, video, etc.) to publicize events and create post-race write-ups. Ensures that sponsors, partners and venues are recognized in communications when appropriate. Submits content for the website to ensure that the website is information rich and up-to-date. This position is perfect for a person that loves to use social media and communicate with the world. Your job is to let the world know how much fun racing is!
- Sponsorship & Contingency Director – Sponsorships help OCCRA thrive and keep costs down by bringing in assistance from the community. Contingencies help attract racers to the series and also helps racers with the cost of participation. This individual is responsible for reaching out to the community to find series and event level sponsorship. The position also seeks out contingency program opportunities and submits race results to the programs in which we participate. This is another position that is great for an individual that likes to talk to others and tell them about how awesome the race program is.
- Special Events & Banquet Coordinator – If you think the OCCRA experience is more than just racing, then this position is definitely for you! The Special Events and Banquet Coordinator plans extra curricular events on race weekends such as after hours activities, cookouts, etc. Coordinates all aspects of the awards banquet including sponsors, staffing, schedule, ticket taking, printed materials, presentations, giveaways and awards.
Please only nominate yourself. If you know someone that is good for a position, though, do not hesitate to reach out to them and encourage them to apply!!